Friday, October 31, 2008

Issue #2: Halloween





Cover Art: Spunny


I see we have 8 subscribers now! Yay! As you can see the theme of issue 2 is Halloween. Halloween is and always has been my favorite holiday. There was a point in my childhood when my mother decided that we were all going to be Jehova's Witnesses and so we couldn't celebrate Halloween, or anything else for that matter. I was really bummed for that whole year. It sucked giving up Chrstmas and my birthday and Easter. I was pretty upset that I couldn't make Valentines for my friends. But that was nothing compared to not being able to dress up and go trick-or-treating. I wasn't allowed to carve a pumpkin. I had to skip the class Halloween party. I wanted to celebrate it so much. I would have even taken the inevitable candy induced stomach ache like a champ. Alas, The Watchtower had spoken. Now as an adult I love Halloween more than ever. So I had to make this issue a Halloween issue. This month I've compiled lots of fun things to do, read and see. Tomorrow I will begin publishing all this good stuff including an interview with super talented designer Hilde, a couple of tutorials, a recipe that's perfect for your Halloween party and more.

Check back every day this week for something new. Oh yeah and tell your friends! :P


~Lux

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi how are you? I was looking through blogger profiles and noticed similarities, and found your blog interesting to me.

I have an art blog and am looking for new friends who comment and keep coming back are you up to it?

I hope to see you soon...